Filling Out "My Information"
The first thing you will need to do is define your user information. Once Connect is installed and started on your computer, you will need to go to the "Customer Information" window. Click the "My Information" button.
On new installations, this window will come up automatically. Fill out the information in this window so that the Connect software will recognize you and your account each time you place an order. You will only need to fill out this information box once (when you initially set up Connect). If you change your email, be sure to go into this window and correct your email information so that you can receive order confirmation.
Fields to fill in:
- Name - your studio name.
- Account Number - this is the Account Number / Customer ID assigned to you by Filmet Color Labs customer service. Please make sure this is always typed in lowercase.
- Email - the email address you want your Connect order confirmations sent to.
- State - the state your studio is located in.
After you fill in all the boxes in the "Customer Information" window, click "OK."
Filling out "Preferences"
Click the "Preferences" button at the bottom of the Connect window; you will enter the "User Preferences" window. It gives you options to customize your Connect preferences. Enable items by clicking the check box next to the desired item. Click again to disable the selected item if preferred. Connect will save these settings for the next time you launch the software.
We recommend enabling the "Use Pro Tool Layout." This option puts the zoom in/zoom out slider right on the Connect main window, so you won't need to click another button while cropping orders. Also, when Pro Tool is enabled these additional buttons appear:
- Search Enclosed Folders - If you have one parent folder with multiple child folders inside of it, and each child folder has images in it, enabling this option will display all the images in all child folders when you direct Connect to the parent folder. If this option is disabled, you will only see the images located in the exact folder you direct Connect to.
- We recommend a 15 day order backup. If this does not meet your needs, simply highlight the number in the box and type in the number of days you do want backed up.
- You can do Photoshop retouching to an image yourself while in Filmet connect, by pointing to your Photoshop.exe file in the "preferences" window under "Image Application." Then by right clicking the thumbnail (right portion of the screen) of an image and choosing "Open with Image Application," the selected image will be opened in Photoshop. The Connect task bar will be minimized while you work in Photoshop. Once you save your Photoshop changes, click on the Connect task bar to reactivate and order from your image.
- When you have finished marking your preferences, click "OK" to save and close the window.
*This version of Filmet Connect requires a minimum of 1 GB of RAM.